BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a new 2012 535i, super fun. i have researched the auto stop issue online and found 2 people who said their dealer set it to "always off". both dealers were in australia, not sure why the Ozzies can do it. My USA dealer said it can't be permanently shut off, but i am skeptical. Please don't tell me about the "off" button and it's orange light under the start button. i want the car to stay running, period. any help out there?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
i have a new 2012 535i, super fun. i have researched the auto stop issue online and found 2 people who said their dealer set it to "always off". both dealers were in australia, not sure why the Ozzies can do it. My USA dealer said it can't be permanently shut off, but i am skeptical. Please don't tell me about the "off" button and it's orange light under the start button. i want the car to stay running, period. any help out there?
Look in this forum. All BMWs have features that can be unlocked or modified.

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread.php?1-Getting-Started-with-Coding-your-car

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
F10 can't be coded yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer

·
7,121 Posts
Maybe so, but that is only a matter of time.
That's what people have been saying for the last, what, 14-18 months?

There is no Dinan tune for the N55 F10.

There is no Procede tune for the N55 F10.

This car has resistant electronics.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

·
7,121 Posts
i read two posts online for Australian BMW owners saying same thing, their local dealer deactivated the auto shutoff, never on again, IT CAN BE DONE!
There are a lot of electronic things that can be changed in different countries, but not here. Like closing your windows from the remote. Folding your mirrors when you hit lock. Etc, etc.

That's why coding is so popular. You unlock those features that are in your car.

However, as I said above, to my knowledge no one has coded a US F10 yet. Which means, no US dealer can (or will) activate those special features, like Stop / Start deactivated, etc. So yes, it can be done...but not in the US.

·
7,121 Posts
http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_Jb_BMW_Performance_Tuner.html

It may have more complex electronics, so yes, maybe it cannot be switched off. But I would have thought that that feature particularly is switchable; but maybe not.
Yes, I am aware of the burger tune. The only N55 / F10 tune yet. Note that it's a piggyback and, well, there are other things to say but I won't substantiate rumors.

I am sure it can be switched off...if someone can code the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,672 Posts
[But I would have thought that that feature particularly is switchable; but maybe not.
It is switchable. The OP wants the default changed to "off", instead of having to press the button each time he starts up to shut it off. It might be a little annoying, but I would just press that button immediately after I start the car -- the auto stop/start is just below, and integrated into, the main engine start button.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Contact dvdinmotion. If enough want it they can code it.
Bimmertech seems to be able to do coding on the F10s as well right? They've mentioned that they can enable BMW Live (the internet & Google features) on F10s via remote coding. I'd imagine they can work some magic on disabling this feature too?

Does anyone has any idea what cable/software they're using?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dvdinmotion response

well, here's what dvdinmotion said:

" I believe it can be disabled too, but currently we are not able to offer this yet. We hope that this kind of coding will be available soon as it is part of large coding project currently developed and technically it should be possible."

also, i found:

In the heater panel, IHKA, read FSW, find MSA memory, change to
Aktive"

is this "easy" to do at a dealership, anyone know?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.