BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I recommend starting with 40psi all around which gives you quick response and minimal understeer. What you can do from there is to take a chalk and draw lines on your sidewalls, from the rim straight out to the edge of the tread. Make four lines on each tire 90 degrees apart. After your run look at how much chalk has worn off. This indicates how much your tires are rolling over. If the marks still remain on the edge of the tread then decrease tire pressure; if the marks on the sidewall have been worn away then increase pressure.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Re: Re: Autocross Tire Pressure Recommendations

EdCT said:

At my last autox run, at Lime Rock, the skip barber intructors had me pump my stock 323i's tires up to 45 psi all around.
How did 45 psi feel? I'm especially interested in how if felt in the sweepers (G-circles). I've only used as high as 42 psi. I know I can just go try it myself but I've been pretty tied up lately. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.