BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
JonW said:
I'm looking forward to trying my first autocross next weekend. I've got a 2001 325xi with the Goodyear RSA tires of the sport package. I've heard that you should put the tire pressure higher than normal for an autocross. So what's a good range to be in? Thanks.
At my last autox run, at Lime Rock, the skip barber intructors had me pump my stock 323i's tires up to 45 psi all around.

This kept the stock Conti's from rolling over on the bead.

Ed

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Autocross Tire Pressure Recommendations

Jspeed said:

How did 45 psi feel? I'm especially interested in how if felt in the sweepers (G-circles). I've only used as high as 42 psi. I know I can just go try it myself but I've been pretty tied up lately. Thanks for sharing.
Jspeed,

It felt really good. My stock tires are 205/55/16's.

My only complaint was the slightly mushy feel on turn in. This impression may have been fostered by driving my car immediately after piloting the school's Dodge Vipers around the course.

Still, I can't complain regarding my car's performance; I was able to get it into the first turn at 65mph lap after lap, same as the Vipers!

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.