BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys.any help to this problem would be very welcome.my e39 535ise went into limp home mode last month.(trans fail safe program on dash). took car to local garage who told me it would require a new transsmission. purchased recon tranny and fitted to car.on test drive the problem is still there...it will travel a mile or two and when i brake at a stop sign the car jumps into limp home mode again...mechanic does not know the cause of this problem ,and the car is usless in this condition.was replacing the gearbox neccesary in the first place?any ideas please?many thanks...

·
Registered
237 Posts
As you've already replaced the transmission, the problem might be with the tranny computer or speed sensor. I would just bring it to the BMW dealer to have them hook up the computer and decypher what's wrong.

·
Wrenchin'
2,051 Posts
TheMatrixz said:
As you've already replaced the transmission, the problem might be with the tranny computer or speed sensor. I would just bring it to the BMW dealer to have them hook up the computer and decypher what's wrong.
I second that. your going to need them to read out the error codes your car's obc is spitting out.

I don't think you needed to replace the tranny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.