BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM poking at toyota:

This one is especially funny to me for two reasons: 1) a beauty contest is something this company will NEVER win, let alone even be considered for, and B) wtf would pick that horrible sounding, unrefined engine for an 'of the year' award. :eek:

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Gotta wonder, do people really care if a car wins awards, is built in this country or wins races? That stuff means diddly squat to me. :dunno:

·
Go Gators
10,339 Posts
All I care is that a car is built with quality and refinement to appeal to me.

It's just these ads are a way of car company's to show off their egos.:rolleyes:

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I've seen the BMW/Audi/Subie ones, and Subaru is lying. Although it did win an engine contest in the 2.0-2.5 liter catagory, it wasnt the overall winner of the International Engine of the Year award. That distinction went to BMW's 5 liter V10 for the second consecutive year. Subaru lied and put out that ad thinking they could compete. :nono:

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
QUOTE=AzNMpower32]I've seen the BMW/Audi/Subie ones, and Subaru is lying. Although it did win an engine contest in the 2.0-2.5 liter catagory, it wasnt the overall winner of the International Engine of the Year award. That distinction went to BMW's 5 liter V10 for the second consecutive year. Subaru lied and put out that ad thinking they could compete. :nono:[/QUOTE]
Best Engines:
2.5-3.0: 535d motor
3.0-4.0: S54 from M3, Z4 M
above 4.0: M5, M6 motor
overall: M5, M6 motor

To all other manufacturers, :flipoff:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Cars are more of an emotional purchase than anything else. People will go to a car dealership and be told what to buy, and since most don't do any research, they'll believe anything the salesman says to them. "...Of The Year" awards make me proud if they reflect my car or manufacturer, but if it is from a competitor I just write it off as whatever!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts