BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2005 X5 3.0 with Premium Pkg. I have a question when selecting the Auto button on the heating and air conditioning panel and setting it to 70 degrees on a hot day, lets say it is 90 degrees as an outside temp and the car requries the A/C. Do you have to also have to select the air conditioning button for it to cool the car down? Or should the auto temperature feature turn it on automatically? Right now my A/C button has to be on in order for it to turn on the A/C is there something wrong with the Auto temp feature?

·
Registered
693 Posts
magoo said:
Have a 2005 X5 3.0 with Premium Pkg. I have a question when selecting the Auto button on the heating and air conditioning panel and setting it to 70 degrees on a hot day, lets say it is 90 degrees as an outside temp and the car requries the A/C. Do you have to also have to select the air conditioning button for it to cool the car down? Or should the auto temperature feature turn it on automatically? Right now my A/C button has to be on in order for it to turn on the A/C is there something wrong with the Auto temp feature?
You must have the snowflake button on through yourself.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
If you live in NJ (high humidity), leave the A/C on all the time.

Mine stays on all the time with the temp set at 72. I use the dial between the vents (blue to red dots) to regulate the cabin temp. It is all you really need to mess with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts