BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 328ic and the automatic locks quit. I can lock each door individualy but I can't lock the gas lid or glove box. Any ideas on how to fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 x3 and sometimes my doors won't lock with my remote. I have said things before to BMW about it, and they told me it's probably because I may have been in a busy area with a lot of satellites that affect it... I didn't really believe them, but what can I do? I was in New York City last night and trying to lock my car to go eat and it wouldn't lock. It was freezing raining and I was walking around my car for a couple of minutes trying to unlock and relock, or just getting in from the driver door and locking the other doors by pushing down the lock, and then closing the door and pushing the button on the key trying to lock the driver side door, but it didn't work. I finally unlocked all the doors again, got in the driver door, locked the passenger side door by pushing down the lock, then i got into the back seat and locked both of those doors manually and locked the driver door. (You can't lock the driver's door by just pushing down the lock, it won't lock). When I got out of the restaurant an hour later, I couldn't unlock my car with the remote. Had 4 other people waiting for me while I tried not to get killed by standing on the city street trying to unlock my car. Why wouldn't they find a way to fix that? Do all people who live in New York City and drive bmw's (which is a lot) have the inability to lock and unlock their cars?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.