BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what Automatic Racing is doing? They haven't run the M6 since Daytona and I don't see them entered at VIR next week either. I'm sure the M6 could use a lot of development. They thought it was ready for Daytona, but something has kept them away from the next two races.

There's a long gap between the first Daytona Koni Challenge race and the second at Lime Rock, so they could be working on E92 M3s for Lime Rock...that would be cool too. I see in Dave Russell's Journal that he's doing some work for BMW at Homestead, but he hasn't described what that's all about either.

Any ideas...?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Automatic is using 2008 primarily as a development year for the Rolex GT M6, and they are planning to race it at the Watkins Glen Six Hour, Salt Lake City and possibly the Daytona race in July and the New Jersey race in August.

They won't have the E92 M3 at Lime Rock. They're planning to get one into Koni Challenge this year, but if they do, it won't be until late in the season, possibly not even until the last race at VIR (the six-hour finale).

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I thought about sending you a PM.

The M6 is a very positive part of the 08 season, but it makes sense that they'd approach it as a developmental year. If they are also working on the M3, there's even more work to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.