Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

so when driving at night i noticed my automatic transmission indicator lights (gear changer) are not working? is there a light bulb in there that needs to be replaced or are they photo-luminacent??
im thinking a light bulb but just want to make sure, if so anybody know which one i need??

·
Nomad
404 Posts
hey all,

so when driving at night i noticed my automatic transmission indicator lights (gear changer) are not working? is there a light bulb in there that needs to be replaced or are they photo-luminacent??
im thinking a light bulb but just want to make sure, if so anybody know which one i need??
i am not sure but you could always try the diy way take it apart and find out if it needs a bulb or what

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah, theres a bulb right under the
P
R
N
D
take the little cover off and move the shifter to about D or N and youll be able to pull the tiny little bulb out. then go inside the auto parts store youre parked outside of and buy a pack of two for next to nothing. the light bulb moves with the gear selector and lights up only the gear youre in. should take less than 10 mins total.

·
Registered
20 Posts
be careful

Be careful when changing that bulb, It's a bit tricky getting the bulb back in place...
I broke my wire retainer clip trying to change my bulb>>>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts