BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2002 325i

I knew nothing about bmw's before, and over the past few weeks, I've learned quite a bit. I'm on this site all the time now! I read a thread about purchasing a package for autowindows and rain sensors, and wanted that because my car gets too hot, and I tend to forget rolling up my windows (because they're so clean I don't notice)

Today I went out and just decided to play around with my keys and to my surprise, I found that I have the ability to roll down my windows with my keys! Awesome! however, I can't seem to do full window down with one press. which I read that you can do that by pressing the button 15 times. didnt' work for me.

Also, I notice that I can't roll the windows up with my keys. Is there something I can do, or standard options only allow windows down?

I hope that makes sense

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey Kiff and welcome to your 1st posting :). To answer your question I would say to do a search on the site in addition to this. You can roll down you windows by pressing the unlock button once then, again and holding it. This will open your windows and moonroof. As for the roll up feature I am not sure there is one. But, as I said earlier do a search and you may find your answer. Congratulations on your Bimmer. :thumbup:

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Just for your information, the window-roll down feature is standard on most modern BMWs. Also known as "convenience open", just push the unlock button on the key once, then push and hold it down a second time until the windows/moonroof open.

There is no way to do convenience close (roll up windows with key fob) in the US since I guess the dealers find it a liability issue.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Kiff_Ramsey said:
Today I went out and just decided to play around with my keys and to my surprise, I found that I have the ability to roll down my windows with my keys! Awesome! however, I can't seem to do full window down with one press. which I read that you can do that by pressing the button 15 times. didnt' work for me.
The 15 times thing (which is actually 25 times) to enable one-touch up/down and rain sensor window-up thing only works if you install the iWindows.

http://www.tvonnav.com/iwindows.html

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
AzNMpower32 said:
There is no way to do convenience close (roll up windows with key fob) in the US since I guess the dealers find it a liability issue.
Sure there is.... with the iWindows product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts