BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
nate328Ci said:
I honestly don't get what everyone's so upset about wrt the Z4 styling. I mean, I understood the issues with the E65, but I just don't see what's so controversial with the Z4.

The only thing I see that's at all "weird" is the diagonal line with the illuminated roundel.

To me, the rest of it seems modern yet classy, sporty yet subtle, and abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous throughout.

I don't get it! :dunno:

·
3,440 Posts
I think the side would look better without the illuminating roundel. It looks like a Big Zit. :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

·
non sequitur
888 Posts
I like pretty much everything on the car as well. It could do without a couple lines on the side, but I don't find it a big deal. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Gosh, even I think it is exceptionally unattractive.

How you guys can unanimously impugn the beauty of my E65/6 and yet find this atrocity compelling is beyond my capacity for understanding.

There. Carry on.

A-

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've seen and sat in the Z4. Asthetically, I'm underwhelmed. I don't like the basic shape (bulbous front tapering down to the rear) and some of the other Banglisms (side creases, etc.). The best that can be said of the interior is that it is interesting. However, it seems to be a partial attempt at retro styling, which I don't particulary like.

However, is likely a major functional improvement to the Z3. In the Z4, I can get both arms actually in the car (in the Z3, my left arm was very cramped if the window was up). the Z4 also has a modern rear suspension. However, in this class I don't know if functional issues make that much of a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts