BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a BMW question per se, but I figure a lot of you have probably sold cars through Autotrader? Anyway, I'm trying to sell a car on Autotrader and it has been a HORRIBLE experience. Incredibly slow site but what I'm curious about is that I can't make any changes to the car details... and they tell me it is a "problem they are aware of"... but I suspect this is just a ploy to exert control so that everything you try to do with your add gets filtered through them for "approval". That is, when I point this out they are all too eager to take care of the edits I need to make for me. But I don't want that, I want to log in and make my edits. I don't need to have some sort of awkward intermediary between me and my listing. It's like driving a car remotely by texting instructions to the person in the driver's seat.

Has that been the experience of others, or is it indeed just acting up right now? And don't even get me started on their absurd "updates to your ad take 24-48 hours (really, gee, cause Ebay and Craigstlist update changes instantly... I wonder what stone age technology they are using that it takes 2 days for an update to clear)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts