BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
It's so hard to tell anything from those pictures, they camoflagued it so well. Could be the E90 coupe also? On a side note that 997 GT3 looked nice. If I didn't have a wife and 2 kids I might be able to swing one. :mad: (Just kidding, honey :kiss: ) I'm really hoping to get the E90 M3 in the second or third year run depending.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I'd have to say its the E90 coupe....If it is truly the future M3, then I'm a little dissappointed. Doesn't seem very aggressive at all even though I know a lot of it is masked and they wouldn't test it with the side gills on it for fear of a total giveaway.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
"Following the lead of Mercedes-Benz’s C55 AMG and Audi’s S4, the fourth-generation M3 ditches the venerable 3.2-liter inline six for the 4.0-liter 400-hp V8 left unemployed when BMW upgraded the M5 to V10 power."

The M5's v8 was close to 5.0l no? These are two distinctly different power plants, right? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
hugh1850 said:
"Following the lead of Mercedes-Benz's C55 AMG and Audi's S4, the fourth-generation M3 ditches the venerable 3.2-liter inline six for the 4.0-liter 400-hp V8 left unemployed when BMW upgraded the M5 to V10 power."

The M5's v8 was close to 5.0l no? These are two distinctly different power plants, right? :dunno:
4941cc, to be exact. And you're right. That writer is misinformed. BMW doesn't stuff whatever "unemployed" powerplants they have laying around into their new M cars.

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
trex said:
Might be an M. The disc brakes are huge. The fenders look flared. I believe that new M3 will be a looker from the front.
Not true... non-M 3er cars have some fender flaring too, though not as much as the M3.

And btw... M3 and 330 brakes are the same diameter for E46. Rotors being big aren't enough of an indication at this point IMO.

I still say it's too early to see an M3 considering the E92 coupe isn't out yet and that's what I think this is.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
634 Posts
:snooze: :snooze: :snooze: :snooze: :snooze: :snooze: :snooze: :snooze: :snooze: :snooze: : puke:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.