BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2 pieces dry white toast
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My adventure for today, consisted of mounting my rcomp setup purchased last year. And got to try out the new impact gun. This thing is a champ! Tire swap was done in record time. And there's plenty of juice left in it.

I installed these wheels last year but I really only took a tour of the neighborhood. This time I got a little heat in these suckers. All I can say about the tires is GOOD GOD! Stopping power just blew me away. I admit I had a chuckle when some guys were talking harnesses....I'm not laughing now! Turning is insane as predicted. Will have to play with pressures to get the balance right.

My prediction, the guys in NJ are goners.

So what's been added to your arsenal lately?

edit: I couldn't spell if my life depended on it.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
About mid way through the season last year, I splurged on a nice floor jack, cordless impact, and air tank. I don't know how I survived without them!

I'm pissed that I have to go to a wedding this weekend instead of attending the first bmwcca autox. I'm really itching to dodge cones... and I've only been on my A3S04s twice so far.

·
2 pieces dry white toast
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rumratt said:
You mean the guys in E class, right? :p :stickpoke
Not a problem, they're not that fast ;) And when the tires are spent, I'll come down and continue to wamp on D class :eeps: :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I like those wheels!! I can't tell from the pic... are those Hoosiers? What size, 245/35/18s? Just so you know... once you go "R", it's harder then hell to go back to street tires... ask me how I know. :(

rumratt said:
I've got a few plans of my own as well. :eeps:
:rofl:

... even better then R-comps. :thumbup:

·
2 pieces dry white toast
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andy said:
I like those wheels!! I can't tell from the pic... are those Hoosiers? What size, 245/35/18s? Just so you know... once you go "R", it's harder then hell to go back to street tires... ask me how I know. :(

:rofl:

... even better then R-comps. :thumbup:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73468

OZ Superleggera's 17x8 with Toyo-RA-1's 235/40R17 all four corners.

·
2 pieces dry white toast
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rumratt said:
I've got a few plans of my own as well. :eeps:
Well come on now, spill the beans! We know you've bought a new car!

·
10,856 Posts

·
2 pieces dry white toast
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Try Hoosiers or V710s next.

Going back is tough. Even RA-1s feel really sloppy and soft these days.
find me a set for $50 each and I will.

·
2 pieces dry white toast
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:confused:

I say screw beeing competitive and just find out which car is more fun.

·
2 pieces dry white toast
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dirtboy said:
and some Oakley Thirteen Twenty driving shoes.
Need a pair of race shoes for skippyschool and just found out my neighbor (UUC) just started carrying them. hmmmm

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.