1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I NEED better tires, though.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I even met my goal... I stayed on the course all four times and only knocked over one cone. :)

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I look forward to doing this again... I REALLY need to start using that pedal on the right side a bit more. My runs were pretty smooth, but didn't REALLY push things. The xiT is VERY forgiving of excess throttle. Next time, I think I'll concentrate a little more on getting faster and a little less on nailing the gates exactly right. :p I KNOW that i wasn't looking ahead enough. The last loop was fun, I was doing nasty things to my tires twirling the car around in first gear. :) At the rate I'm going, I may decide to make this my winter wheel/tire setup. I want lighter wheels and better tires. :D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think that one of my issues was that I was never going fast enough to need the brakes, really. I braked at two points... The sharp off camber turn on the back stretch and going into the second loop.

I should have gotten on the gas a bit more. :p
And Hunter... I wish I could say a 49 second run was no good. :D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
CD-55 said:

I did not brake much more than that.

I braked at the double cones in that cross over from one side of the course to the other. I braked both times there.

I braked in the two corners at the far back of the course.

Then I braked at the double cones entering the last loop.

That was it.
There certainly weren't many braking points, but I was DEFINITELY short changing myself on the two fast parts. :)

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I think it was the "318" which was acxtually a '94 325is that had the complete M3 drivetrain dropped in. It was awfully close, though.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
*groan* I just checked my pressures and discovered that I had dropped to 34 up front. I must have set the pressures when it was very hot. (I'm an idiot.) Ah, well. I bet I'll get more speed next time around just from getting the fronts boosted.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
TD said:

It sounds like you had a very respectable first time out. Relax and quit beating yourself up.
Don't worry. :) I had a great time. I'm just raring to go again. And thinking of joining the SCCA to get more seat time. :D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Pinecone said:

Dakar Yellow M Roadster. I ran third heat, but arrived before the second heat ended.

I saw the two X touriings run, but lost track of them before I could say hi.

I may miss the August 11 event (work travel). I am going to try to work it out to make the first heat at least.
You'd better say hi next time!:mad: :)

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I was looking at my right front tire today... I seem to have worn off the right side corners of all the tread blocks. :p Very interesting look. :D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
For some reason I didn't check my pressures befor ethe autox. :mad: I was running about five PSI low up front. :banghead:

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
CD-55 said:

You don't want to do that again:)
I'll say. That tire still looks like shit after almost 400 miles of wear. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.