BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts
G

·
nate328Ci said:

I noticed that, it just seems that you are leaning much more than normal :dunno:
Honestly, if it's the run I think it is, I had drifted too far left at that point and I think I was using body-english to try to push myself back to the right.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
nate328Ci said:

It isn't the quality, I know these are preview. I just don't really like the angles at all :dunno:
originally posted by me
He was set up at pole D...not where I would have set up on that course. We'll see what he got on Monday.
This is about what I was expecting. Pole D was in the middle of a big oval a as far away as he could get from any chane of a head (or tail) on shot at maximum lean angle...not even a good chance for a decent 3/4 shot unless someone got very out of shape. Also, the shutter speed was too fast, losing any further chance of capturing a sense of speed, momentum, inertia, etc.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
clyde325xiT said:

This is about what I was expecting. Pole D was in the middle of a big oval a as far away as he could get from any chane of a head (or tail) on shot at maximum lean angle...not even a good chance for a decent 3/4 shot unless someone got very out of shape. Also, the shutter speed was too fast, losing any further chance of capturing a sense of speed, momentum, inertia, etc.
I can't believe a pro took these :tsk:

·
M Mad
10,475 Posts
clyde325xiT said:

Pinecone,

What heat did you run? I'm having a really hard time remembering your car, although I did leave before the third heat started. Maybe my short term memory is declining to the same quality of my long term memory? :dunno:
Dakar Yellow M Roadster. I ran third heat, but arrived before the second heat ended.

I saw the two X touriings run, but lost track of them before I could say hi.

I may miss the August 11 event (work travel). I am going to try to work it out to make the first heat at least.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Pinecone said:

Dakar Yellow M Roadster. I ran third heat, but arrived before the second heat ended.

I saw the two X touriings run, but lost track of them before I could say hi.

I may miss the August 11 event (work travel). I am going to try to work it out to make the first heat at least.
You'd better say hi next time!:mad: :)

G

·
A few of us (CD-55, JST and I) are a bit biased toward the early heats (you're done and have the rest of the day free). I'm sure we were all out of there before you showed up. But I look forward to meeting the rest of the locals. So I'll be on the lookout for you at future autox-es.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
TD said:
A few of us (CD-55, JST and I) are a bit biased toward the early heats (you're done and have the rest of the day free).
Yeah I just cannot take the summer afternoon heat.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
TD said:
A few of us (CD-55, JST and I) are a bit biased toward the early heats (you're done and have the rest of the day free). I'm sure we were all out of there before you showed up. But I look forward to meeting the rest of the locals. So I'll be on the lookout for you at future autox-es.
And all youguys took off quick after the first heat...not even sticking around to see me turn in a very mediocre first run :tsk:

·
M Mad
10,475 Posts
TD said:
I normally am also. But I was out of the country and just got in on Friday. There was a chance I would have not gotten in until late Sat morning. So I planned on a later heat. :)

Plus running third heat gives you the chance to do fun runs. :thumbup:

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Pinecone said:
Plus running third heat gives you the chance to do fun runs. :thumbup:
I'm not sure that I want to know the answer to this, but how many fun runs did you get this time out?

I almost stuck around for the third heat in case fun runs were going to be an option.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I was looking at my right front tire today... I seem to have worn off the right side corners of all the tread blocks. :p Very interesting look. :D

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
I was looking at my right front tire today... I seem to have worn off the right side corners of all the tread blocks. :p Very interesting look. :D
Depending on what state they were in before hand, I'd say you either pushed a lot or you need to bump up the psi in front...or both.

FWIW, my fronts are showing some interesting wear after three autox (the rears too, to a much lesser extent). The only way to describe it is to say that the surface kinda looks like the backside of a leaf. Sorta like the entire surface melted just a little bit. And then there's the sections with missing chunks :D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
For some reason I didn't check my pressures befor ethe autox. :mad: I was running about five PSI low up front. :banghead:

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
For some reason I didn't check my pressures befor ethe autox. :mad: I was running about five PSI low up front. :banghead:
You don't want to do that again:)

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
CD-55 said:

You don't want to do that again:)
I'll say. That tire still looks like shit after almost 400 miles of wear. :)

·
M Mad
10,475 Posts
clyde325xiT said:

I'm not sure that I want to know the answer to this, but how many fun runs did you get this time out?

I almost stuck around for the third heat in case fun runs were going to be an option.
I didn't run as my wife had already repacked the car (I ran first half of heat). But I did ride on two runs with a new guy in his M3.

And when I left there was a line of people waiting to do runs, and many were running, then driving right back into the line. :)

You are required to stay and pick up the course after fun runs though.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.