BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and got my battery tested by Autozone. They said my battery is holding around 39% , should I let them charge it? Not sure if they’ll mess it up etc. The battery is still good according to them just low on voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Super Moderator
8,332 Posts
If you are having trouble with the battery & it has some age on it, change it. A bad battery on our cars will test good, even if it is bad. Cheap batteries on our cars do not work very well. Most parts houses are now selling like new batteries, instead of new batteries. The Bosch at Pep Boys is the only new aftermarket battery that I am aware of.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are having trouble with the battery & it has some age on it, change it. A bad battery on our cars will test good, even if it is bad. Cheap batteries on our cars do not work very well. Most parts houses are now selling like new batteries, instead of new batteries. The Bosch at Pep Boys is the only new aftermarket battery that I am aware of.

I only get new batteries from BMW, even if it means getting screwed heavily on a battery. I’m going to charge it, and see how that does. If it doesn’t do anything helpful, a new battery it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts