BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Aux Audio issue

853 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  07335i_sport
I am getting a wierd buzz (almost like an improper grounding issue) when i use my iphone 4S with the aux port. Non issue with headphones, and non issue when i use the USB port for the car (or any other radio funtion). I have not tried the Y cable since i mostly use Pandora and I dont think this works with the cable (its a 2007 model w/nav).

Anyone have this issue? Is it fixable?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Try changing your settings...re. logix to theater...I had the se issue...settings got changed somehow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Does it only occur when you have the audio device plugged into power at the same time? If so, it's probably a ground loop problem. I haven't encountered this in my BMW, but one of these filtered the noise out perfectly in a previous car I owned.
THx I will check that out. I see what happened in terms of a change. I had the volume on the iPhone really low and compensated by cranking up my volume on the radio. So I maxed out my iphone volume and lowered my radio volume and this is much better, but the filter seems to be worth a shot. BTW it is more noticable with Pandora then the built in music player.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.