BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read up on adding the aux input to the existing factory CD player, but I have read conflicting reports of exactly which CD53 players are compatible. Some say the label must indicate a SW version of 50, and some say that any CD53 manufactured September 02 or later will be compatible.

My existing CD player has a manufacture date of February 01, but the label indicates a SW version of 50. Unfortunately, I can't the aux input cable to work. Can anyone verify the 9-02 manufacture date requirement?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just installed an AUX input a few months ago. I have a 3/03 build date on my E39. I don't know what my software version is (It's at home, not work.....) but I'm thinking that the version is pre-50 - and that caused some consternation due to the build date/software version "inconsistency"

But, the AUX works and I believe that the 09/02 build date (on the CD, not necessarily the car) is what is most important.

One of the retailers who advertise here (sorry, I cannot remember who - and it may have been another BMW site...) was able to clarify it for me.

Also, check your wiring diagrams and make sure the right pins are being used. I opted to take the wires out of the AUX kit connector and transplant them into the connector at the back of the CD. I was off by 1 pin on top and bottom - and it didn't work. Of course, if you remove the connector from the back of the CD and drop in the AUX kit connector, you shouldn't have that problem...... :)

Hope it helps,

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts