BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2007 Z4M (with NAV) for about a month and was about to buy the aux input cable. While looking for a spot to locate the plug, I discovered the factory plug down underneath the dash! No where on the forum have I seen anyone mention that the aux input plug may actually already been installed if you know where to look. I've posted some pictures. Hopefully, it will help someone. There's simply no way to see it unless you have your head down at seat level.

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
I just my 2007 Z4 coupe a couple weeks back. If the original owner hadn't been using it, there would have been no way I would have stumbled across it thats for sure so I am with you on this one.

Now for bonus points, did you know there seems to be 5 levels of aux input level boost (to adjust for the differing output voltages of your aux devices)!

· Registered
20 Posts
Nope, not a trick. I am afraid I don't see it in the manual but its in the settings. As a new owner myself, I can't recall off the top of my head but there definitely is a setting in the Aux that picks 1 through 5. I used it with my little Phillips Raga and 5 seemed about right (the highest) as it doesn't have a lot of output oomph. I had (but can't find) a pdf that had the instructions for the radio and its definitely in there. Do a search for business cd manual z4 or somesuch. I gotta hit the hay (115am) but if you don't find it I will see if I can find it again (and will play with the buttons in the car tomorrow to see if I can just recall off hand).

edit - now I think I know why I can't find it online, it was a small insert in the docs in the glove box. I can't find it online. I will try and remember to bring the doc with me tomorrow and get a photo of the right page for you.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aux input levels

While you were sleeping I did a little more snooping and found that by pressing the "INFO" button when you're in AUX mode it brings up a screen to adjust both the NAV level and AUX input levels.

So then I tried pressing "INFO" in "CD" mode and discovered you can turn on "Audio text" so it displays artist and song info when playing mp3's. This was another nice surprise. Seems like a strange use of the "INFO" button to get to these adjustments. I kept thinking the "SEL" would have been the more logical choice. Oh well.

I've included pictures for reference.

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
Here you go, its a photo of the relevant page from my manual in the car. You can see it is indeed not a trick! Now whether yours does this with your higher spec system, I have no idea. Hope it helps! Can't believe a noob like me is the only one to have come across this hehe.

· Luv'in Texas
1,008 Posts
Great info! I learn something new about this car all the time!

· Registered
6 Posts
If you press MODE and AUX is an option, the cable is installed.

2007 and 2008 Z4s came with it as stock.
Are you saying all Z4's in 2007 and 2008 came with the aux jack setup under the dash already? I am expecting a 2007 shipped to me form Fla tomorrow or Wed and certainly hope that is one thing less I need to worry about modifying.

· Registered
259 Posts
When I purchased my 05 Z4 the previous owner purchased an install kit for it. The old ash tray was removed and a new one with an attached aux input was installed. I quite like it but the screws that came with it suck and arent long enough. Ive had the car for a year now and still havnt replaced the screws with longer ones. I actually think its only one screw but what ever lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.