BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just A Black Hat
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So here is my deal, I am a volunteer firefighter and I have decided to replace my external beacon light to all interior LEDs. Before I just used the cigarette lighter to power the light, but seeing as I now have five lights that don't have plugs on them I need to find a power source for them. Does anyone know of an easy to access power source in the cabin of the car. (02 325 ci)

Thanks

·
Keeping it surreal
43,252 Posts
You have a 12v source (originally intended for the UGDO) right overhead inside the moonroof switch compartment....the cover pops right off.

Regards,
Bob

·
Properly chastised re: Xi
1,007 Posts
I read on these forums that there are adaptors available to convert your glovebox flashlight socket into a "cigarette lighter style" power socket. Perhaps you can modify one of these to derve a 12v bus for your lights. I assume you put them at all four corners of the cabin, in the windows. You could run the wires under the carpet?

·
Just A Black Hat
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info.

I got digging around and decided that my best bet would be to run an 8ga and in the trunk and mount a secondary power block so as I can not worry about blowing a fuse that has something else running on it. The light bars don't draw a large amount of power however the 6 head 90 watt strobes do( better safe than sorry). I am however going to mount the switch box in the sunglass tray so it will be hidden from view.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts