BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F32 has only 40,000 miles but both aux radiators and oil cooler have pretty bad rock chips. Does yours also happen to be like that? I am very curious...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
No damage on my F30. However I believe the radiators on your car are more exposed to objects bouncing off the roadway.

·
2020 Z4 M40i
4,620 Posts
My F32 has only 40,000 miles but both aux radiators and oil cooler have pretty bad rock chips. Does yours also happen to be like that? I am very curious...
If you live in an area where there are issues with the road quality something to think about for $20/30.

Copy of a post I made to another forum:

Its a quick & dirty screen to protect the radiator from stones & other junk.

Had gotten a slight hit that dented a few fins which I was able to fix with a tiny flat blade screwdriver.

The material is Nomex honeycomb sold by Speedway Motors for around $30. It comes in an ugly brown color which I rattle canned black. The mounting zips I got from them but Amazon also has them.

https://www.amazon.com/Derale-13001-...iator+zip+ties

Made a template from a Lowes Foods shopping bag. Which I taped to the Nomex.

It cuts easy with a fresh blade in a shop knife. Used a sharp scissor to smooth the curved edges then sprayed them black. Mine need the curves because of the Everson one piece intake aluminum piece. FFR stock is just straight cuts to fit. Spray cut edges & its good to install.

Screen in place with the zips, can be easily removed & replaced if damaged. Pretty much invisible unless you know what you are looking for.

Outside of paint drying time about a half hours work that can save the radiator from damage in DD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts