BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
:-)
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, I've been looking at the nissan 350z as my next car, but i can't get over how the front looks (i think it looks great from all other angles) but i've always loved the way the e46 looks, except the 2002+ sedans. :eek:

I'm kinda in a dilemma, I prefer the way the pre-02 E46s look.

anywho! i'm considering either buying new or going for a certified used bimmer (for the way it looks).. however, oftentimes, the used ones cost more than a comparably equipped new one. :rolleyes: assuming i can negotiate the price, which is a better option? is the certified program a pretty good idea? does the warranty cover the major items up to 100000miles?

Assuming I buy new, I'd probably but the coupe, however I hear the 02 coupes are already pretty much sold out, at least in so cal? I emailed cutter and haven't received a reply yet.. so does that mean i would have to order a 03 and wait? when would those be coming in if i ordered now?

that's a lot of questions, i'm mostly rambling, any insights would be appreciated.

·
Registered
362 Posts
As it stands now, the MY03 Coupes do not have the facelift that you dislike. So now would be a great time to order a 2003, get your moneys worth for certain.

Depending on what dealer you use, you can easily find a October build, November delivery probably. You might still be able to find a September build October delivery if you look hard enough. Make sure you ask for allocation slots specifically for the model that you want, they might have October slots for the coupe and not the sedan, etc.

The MY03 has several advantages, including a 4 year maintenance that more than compensates for the modest price increase, plus, if you buy the navigation, it is now DVD based and comes with a standard in-dash CD player.

And with the MY03 order, you can pretty much pick and choose any options and color combinations that you want.

·
:-)
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one thing i can't stand about the 02/03 coupe is the stupid mesh insert in the lower grille. looks like something on a honda body kit. :thumbdwn: i wonder if i can replace it with something from the aftermarket..

hi, Jon shafer? I haven't received a reply in 2 days from you guys, can you let me know if you have any new 325Ci manuals at your place? if i need to order it, can you let me know a quote as well? pm or email, either is fine, thanks!

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
mgs333 said:
one thing i can't stand about the 02/03 coupe is the stupid mesh insert in the lower grille. looks like something on a honda body kit. :thumbdwn: i wonder if i can replace it with something from the aftermarket..

hi, Jon shafer? I haven't received a reply in 2 days from you guys, can you let me know if you have any new 325Ci manuals at your place? if i need to order it, can you let me know a quote as well? pm or email, either is fine, thanks!
Sorry 'bout that...

I've been away at Audi A4 Cabriolet training for a while...

If you have submitted a "No-Hassle Quote Request" from
our site you should be hearing from Franco soon - if you
haven't already. Sometimes prospective clients forget
to input their email address...
:dunno:

To answer your question, we do not have any stick-shift 325Ci's
(or any other manual E46's for that matter) in stock at this time.
The sad truth is that they are extremely rare, and most of the time they require a custom factory order, unless you are open
to color choice & specifications...

Tomorrow is my day off, but I will make sure that Franco Karzag
( [email protected] ), our Internet Sales Manager
replies to any request that you have submitted.

Thanks for the post.

Best regards,
--Jon Shafer, General Sales Manager - Cutter Motors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts