Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Why should THIS board be any different than Roadfly? Just post as ME. It worked for you there.

When you had to LOG IN at Roadfly to keep posting as "TD" after they blocked the IP, do you think no one was going to check what login name you used?

Everyone- This is Paul Hong from Seoul Korea. He has a very distastefully modified BMW (which I'm sure I made a disparaging remark about a long time ago). And he was the guy posting as "TD" over at the Org.

I'm sure that a couple of you will remember this-

http://geocities.com/peh76/ride.html

·
2,457 Posts
TD said:
And he was the guy posting as "TD" over at the Org.
Curious, TD.... How do you know this for sure? Do you have access to IP Address information at both boards? I'm not doubting you, but I was wondering how you know this for fact.

T

·
0 Posts
LarryN said:

Curious, TD.... How do you know this for sure? Do you have access to IP Address information at both boards? I'm not doubting you, but I was wondering how you know this for fact.
IPs are visible to EVERYONE over at the Org. Open up any post and it's right there.

A number of us did a WHOIS on the "phony TD" and traced the IP back to Korea.

After the admins at the Org blocked him, Alan (the "good" admin) emailed me to ask me if I knew a Paul Hong, as that is the Roadfly member name he logged in under to override the IP block.

Now, today, I see posts from "rd3" here with his location listed as Seoul, Korea so I clicked on his name to get his board profile. Sure enough, Paul Hong.

And looking at his "page" I do clearly remember making fun of his foglights (although it was a LONG time ago - years).

So, no, I do not have any special access at either board. But this is something anyone could piece together given the information.

·
O.G.
8,376 Posts
TD said:

Everyone- This is Paul Hong from Seoul Korea. He has a very distastefully modified BMW (which I'm sure I made a disparaging remark about a long time ago). And he was the guy posting as "TD" over at the Org.

I'm sure that a couple of you will remember this-

http://geocities.com/peh76/ride.html
That car is freaking stock! Ok, so the lights aren't stock, but that hardly qualifies it for "very distastefully modified" does it?

T

·
0 Posts
Spiderm0n said:

That car is freaking stock! Ok, so the lights aren't stock, but that hardly qualifies it for "very distastefully modified" does it?
Okay, why? Why quibble over this? I don't get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts