BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wait is killing me. I ordered my car on April 4th and It has been completed, but my car has been at the port of exit waiting on a transport vessel. Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to get on a boat. What is the general travel time from the boat in Germany to the US?

·
jertronic
236 Posts
I ordered my 328 xi S on march 26. It entered the phase "en route" on or around April 7 or April 8. The status of my vehicle remains "en route" and it's now April 25. Hope this helps....

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,861 Posts
Detailed info

It only takes a couple of days to get on a "vessel" once your completed car reaches the exit port. It takes about 14-17 days, depending on route, for the ship to reach the US east coast. You can track your vehicle on the shipping site once it is booked. Go here:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

Click "Customer Centre" -> Cargo Tracking. Then choose "Auto Cargo". Enter your complete VIN as the Cargo ID and hit "Track". On the tracking page you'll also see the ship name and "Voyage" number. Click that and you can see the destinations and timings for your ship to arrive at the various ports.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It only takes a couple of days to get on a "vessel" once your completed car reaches the exit port. It takes about 14-17 days, depending on route, for the ship to reach the US east coast. You can track your vehicle on the shipping site once it is booked. Go here:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

Click "Customer Centre" -> Cargo Tracking. Then choose "Auto Cargo". Enter your complete VIN as the Cargo ID and hit "Track". On the tracking page you'll also see the ship name and "Voyage" number. Click that and you can see the destinations and timings for your ship to arrive at the various ports.
+1. Also check the tracking section of e90post. Tons of info. They even have interest groups by production month and by vessel.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

The wait is a killer, but you will get your car soon. Enjoy it and congrats in advance. Don't forget to take your "idontcareamine".

FM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Could be 2 days or a week before you get on a vessel once it is in port. I think our 328xi wagon was waiting for about 4 days. We are now on the Integrity which will dock in NY tomorrow. http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=WDC6925

So call your dealer in a couple of days and ask what ship your car is on. They have that info once it is loaded on board. Then track it all the way to port. However, don't be surprised if it makes a couple more stops in Europe (Belgium and UK) to load more cars. Then it will also make stops in the US before getting to the port for Houston.

·
And a Triumph TR6, too!
38 Posts
My car showed "At the port of exit waiting..." for a week. On Saturday, I called BMWNA and found out the car was on a ship! Woot!

Call the dealer, and he gives me the BL, Voyage #, etc. and using the 2wgobal site, find out the ship had left port 2 days earlier, and was already at it's first stop!

So the 800 # and OC seem to be really slow when it comes to updating that the car is on a ship.

I am on the M/V Fidelio, btw! Coming into Port of NY on May 8th... Dealer said I should have delivery 3rd week of May.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i dropped off my car in Munich on Apirl 20 and then trucked to Bremerhaven the next day... and it took about a day or two to get there. Now the car is still in Bremerhaven.... the ETS for my vessel is on 02.05.2008... and ETA is on 25.05.2008.... i hope this helps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
dr bernie

Well guys, my m3 vert hit the port 7 days ago. It didn't get on Courage, and Integrity has been in port 12 hours and I'm still not showing it on there either. Spoke to BMW NA who told me the GM of the dealership was the only one who could be "a consumer advocate" and push it through. Heard back from the GM's office at Holman Motors Ft Lauderdale, "nothing we can do." S U C K S!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts