BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies in advance if this is a really dumb question......:angel:

I just recently picked up a CPO X3 and she is my first AWD car. Have put around 1200 miles on her and maybe 5 times during that time had the following occur:

In a turn (both right and left), and a various speeds, it feels as if the left front is locking up for half a second or so. I am not on the brake at this point but accelerate out of the turn, so I am confident that it is not ABS. Also, since it happened both at higher and low speeds, I am not sure that it would be stability related. Is that some sort of AWD system kicking in?

Any insight will be highly appreciated as I get to know my new baby better. :thumbup:

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Idea

Are all four tires the same brand? Are they the same size? And, most importantly, did the dealer perhaps just replace two of them to save money during the CPO process. It has been reported here numerous times that just replacing either the fronts or the rears causes DSC problems. Do you get any dash lights when this occurs?

Try (at your own safety risk) disabling the DSC and see if it still happens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks X3emist!

4 brand new Michelin's on there, so I am pretty sure it is not the tires. No dash lights and the perceived "lock up" (not sure it really is a lock up, just kinda feels that way) is only for a very short period of time.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Better take her back in

I hope it can be replicated so you don't go round about with the service dept.

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,700 Posts
could be the trans issue and you just aren't sure what that feels like yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.