BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the research I have been able to do, it seems to be the concensus that a staggered fitment is not a good idea for AWD vehicles. I understand the concerns related to different total diameters, but what about different widths as long as the overall diameter was close?

In contrast to this, BWM offers several wheel and tire packages on their AWD cars with an inch of difference: 8x19 front, 9x19 back. This would seem to be a contradiction to the info I've been able to find.

Does anyone know why BMW would offer these packages if they aren't good for AWD cars?

I think staggered wheel set ups look good, and would like to go with that set up on my 335xi, but I need to solve this problem first. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Diameters of all 4 wheels have to be the same. It is thus on any xi BMW.

Edit: now that I look an BMWNA's web site I see what you mean. That never used to be like this: 18 x 8.0 front, 18 x 9.0 rear cast alloy wheels, 245/40R-18 run-flat performance tires, 275/35R-18 rear run-flat performance tires This is from a 535xi

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
what about using the same size tire front and back - but different brans (brands can vary in width and diameter)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
gary - can I replace all four wheels on my car and add the TPMS to the new wheels?

2008 535ixT

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts