Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm having a annoying issue and i'm not sure how to solve it.

Recently my rear wheels have been loosing traction and spinning a bit.
If I'm in first gear and floor it the car spins and the dash beeps twice and I get a ABS, 4x4 and traction control light.
The AWD system seems to kick off and it switches to RWD completely. I ended up hydroplaning yesterday and almost sliding off the road. When I let the car sit for 5 Minutes the lights on the dash go away but the 4x4 light stays on. I've tried to press the DSC button but the light stays on. Could it be because of unbalanced wheels? I just replaced the driveshaft and the bushings and all was good for a few months but now I'm fighting for control of my own car LOL. Any Ideas?

https://youtu.be/0zDw5acRJuM

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Sounds like a transfer case and/or traction control failure. Scan those codes!

If you are tooled-up and can do so safely, remove, clean, and inspect the wheel speed sensors, and clean and inspect their reluctor rings on the wheel-hubs. If not the problem, doing so is still good PM.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I can add my 2 cents

Check TC Actuator Motor. Maybe you need to replace actuator gear (most likely).

1st you need to scan for error codes.

A quick check would be open drivers door, turn on the key and listen from the bottom outside if you can hear the actuator motor spinning..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can add my 2 cents

Check TC Actuator Motor. Maybe you need to replace actuator gear (most likely).

1st you need to scan for error codes.

A quick check would be open drivers door, turn on the key and listen from the bottom outside if you can hear the actuator motor spinning..
When I turn the car off I hear this like loud clicking sound coming from underneath of the car as well.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
TC actuator's gear is stripped. Cheap to replace yourself, but is a big job (the first time doing it).

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts