BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of or bought parts from Axiom? Apparently, they specialize in remanufactured transmission parts.

Our 2003 530i is current at the local dealer to get the Torque Converter replaced under extended warranty. The only problem is warranty company is allowing $184 in parts as they claim they can get a remanufactured part from Axiom at that price. BMW is Quoting $1394 for part number 24407519535. The labor of 7 hours is not in dispute.

My problem is dealer will warranty BMW part for 24 months - parts and labor, but not warranty after market part at all (which I understand). Warranty company will warranty the labor part for as long as our contract is good (until Sep of this year) - after that, we're on our own.

The dealer doesn't want to order an aftermarket part (they say they don't do that) and warranty company says that's all they'll authorize. I'm working with the dealer on this (we had a similar issue when the steering rack was replaced under extended warranty), but right now, we're at a stand still.

My main concern is the after market part and if Axiom parts are any good.

Anyone ever heard of them or dealt with them?

Thanks,

\ Henrik

·
Registered
790 Posts
Have you done a search on them? Found any reviews?

Edit - The first part sounds stupid - have they any shady reviews? Do other forums/manufacturers use their work?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - I find very little. They have a web front, but it's one of those where you have to sign up and supposedly be "a professional" in order to get an ID - and it takes a few days to get the ID...

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah - I find very little. They have a web front, but it's one of those where you have to sign up and supposedly be "a professional" in order to get an ID - and it takes a few days to get the ID...
Sounds a bit shady. You could talk to local indys/ask on the other forums or check through our own archives

1 - 4 of 4 Posts