BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know there's been a lot of smack talk about the Prior Design kit, but sponsorship opportunity rolled my way and it was really too good to pass up. Few things I noticed right off the bat....

the e90ish bumper bottom scoopish lip doesn't extend quite as far out as some of the previous pics floating around the web suggests it to be. That was just a camera angle by product. It does stick out a bit past the bumper (see pics), but not nearly to the degree everyone thought.

One thing that dd surprise me was that due to the position of the bumper, OEM fogs are too deep to fit! The driver side hits against the window washer tank. I had to look for a shallower solution, which is why I initially tried out the LED strip. Looked ok by itself, but I didn't like the look of it coupled with the circular angle eyes so removed it. Shorted out the fog connectors so I'd have no errors and running empty down there to give it the appearance of scoops.

For the quarter panels, I decided to cut the flairs to give it some functional vents.

The skirts because of their design, sometimes in certain lighting, it looks whiter than the body, but that's just in angle light is reflecting off it compared to the downward sloping bottom door.

The rear bumper I opted to give it a diffuser look with the bottom part painted black. I'm still debating if I want to paint the center vertical bumps black to match, but will probably keep it as is for now cause that's how the lines of the bumper really dictate coloring. And with the current Twilight hype, fangs are in :rofl:

ACS rear spoiler, and ACS roof spoiler (currently re-applying so excuse the blue tape). Excuse the window and roof trim. I just had my vinyl guy rip off the vinyl yesterday for reapplication, but ran out of time and will be finishing that up next week. New wheels are waiting to be mounted hopefully by tuesday (22" DPE SP-16), although the more I look at them, the more I'm thinking of painting the wheel bezel black to match the wheel windows. Dropped on H&R springs, but V3s are definitely in the plans. Exhaust I'm actually going to completely overhaul. I never liked the welds from one of the muffler shops I went to and wanted to go with single muffler setup split in Y pipe as opposed to the current Y pipe, split to two mufflers. Both exhaust tips are functional though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey it's cool. Everyone has their own opinion. Already did the ACS look and my MB kept the classier look, so wanted something different and aggressive. I know most of you are are older and don't dig the aggressive look from all the dissing of Hamman, Rieger and even ACS I've seen here.

·
Registered
210 Posts
im digging the fog lights...:thumbup:
any 411...?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Grindin
296 Posts
That is a great look!!! and dont worry about the older grumpy guys hatin. Did Promax do all the work??

·
bmw addiction
7,161 Posts
Hey it's cool. Everyone has their own opinion. Already did the ACS look and my MB kept the classier look, so wanted something different and aggressive. I know most of you are are older and don't dig the aggressive look from all the dissing of Hamman, Rieger and even ACS I've seen here.
im 25:) so then i guess your in the late teens maybe?:dunno:

imo that style of kit belongs on a 3,5 or 6 series not a 7.
as long as you like it thats all that matters.:thumbup:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think the front pokes out just a little bit too far. And I guess once you put the wheels on it'll look fly. Not much of a fan of the kit, but it's not bad. Led lights are SICK man!

·
2001 740il Sport, RIP
683 Posts
i like everything except for the front bumper (sorry to all the acs kit guys!) I think that front bumper makes the 7 look like a nissan maxima from "fast and the furious"....Dig the new wheels also.

·
President
8,098 Posts
looks good... with the new wheels its gonna look MUCH better

u should mount the roof spoiler a tad higher, thou... its supposed to sit flush with the roof and go over the rubber strip

·
It's all about me!
1,519 Posts
I think it looks good! Not my taste....but well done. I like the new wheels also!

Congratulations on doing something so unique!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looks good... with the new wheels its gonna look MUCH better

u should mount the roof spoiler a tad higher, thou... its supposed to sit flush with the roof and go over the rubber strip
Had some adhesion issues on the top part when it went over the rubber strip which is why I'm trying to redo it below the strip. 3M automotive double sided tape. Gonna be testing out the look with roof wrapped in black so the black strip shouldn't make much of a visual impact. Still tweaking things here and there

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.