BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

B&O Speaker Lights

5254 15
For those of you that have the B&O system, do your speakers light up? With dash lighting all the way up and the selection for the B&O lights to "on" the center speaker LED is barely on and the side speaker lights don't come on it all. Is anyone else experiencing that?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
No. Mine work just fine.

Attachments

Thank you for the picture. Do all 16 speakers light up or just the center and the tweeters on the side? I can barely see my lights. Very faint with the dash up as far as it will go.
They all light up with a soft glow. As you can see in the photo, B&O speakers are not as bright as the orange ambient lighting. I am not sure if the tweeter that rises up in the center of the dash when you turn your system on has a light or not. I think it does, but IMAO the side speakers look best.

We should compare songs that sound extreme on the system.
Hold on - your door illuminates too??? Mine doesn't. Is that a convertible thing or are there coupes on here with illuminating doors?
Nope. Soft white glow all the way around.
For those of you that have the B&O system, do your speakers light up? With dash lighting all the way up and the selection for the B&O lights to "on" the center speaker LED is barely on and the side speaker lights don't come on it all. Is anyone else experiencing that?
BMW AG indicated that the B&O system in the 2016 models has been updated. Does anyone have the details?
Check your B & O settings in Idrive. There are 3 options - off/on and reduced while driving.
You might have reduced checked.
May be off topic here, but does anyone know exactly where the 16 B&O speakers are placed? I can spot the obvious ones which I counted only 9....
Please help me. Ever since reading this I am bummed I didn't get this option on my most recent purchase. I just bought a 650 2012 with many options but not the b o stereo. I will dream of this next time but somebody tell me if there is anything I can do without spending a fortune to make it better.
gran coupe has 16, other cars have less (but they still charge you the same)
Pretty sure the only one that has less is the convertible
16 speakers in the coupe/1200 watts

12 in the 'vert/1000 watts
Pretty sure the only one that has less is the convertible

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.