Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guyz,

Fikse USA stood up and I am very pleased to say that Jim Fikse himself has assured me that Baby's new FM-10s will hold up. The issue with her old wheels was bolt failure that ocurred because of sourcing from two different hardware manufacturers. Their vendor filled a hardware order with bolts from 2 different sources.

Fikse USA is introducing a new line of wheels called "PROFIL" and they made Baby's replacement wheels from that line. In addition through conversations with Jim F. Fikse USA modified the machining operation to machine away LESS metal from the wheel centers to improve stability. It appears that a fully loaded 740iL with 3 large guys and all their gear puts Baby's weight @ 5,500 lbs, which is twice the weight of a race car. Therefore Fikse USA is ensuring the wheel centers are up to the task. [I told Jim I was in The E38 Beef Club & he wondered what that meant] As a final measure they are using Grade 8 or better hardened steel bolts in the assembly.

To illustrate Fikse USA's committment to the customer, Fikse USA discounted ALL of the money I had to lay out for the SSR GT3s at Tire Rack to include the Pirelli tire, & tax....every dime.

I recommend Fikse USA period. IMO you get what you pay for, & in this case I paid for and got "The BEST".

Here is a pic of the old style FM-10s

This is the new "Profil" FM-10

So, I'll be looking for a home for the SSR GT3s.
I will post pics of Baby's new shoes once they arrive and are fitted with tires and mounted.

Cheers

·
10,856 Posts
*drool* I would kill for a manual 7...

·
10,856 Posts
///Mathew said:

Somebody on the boards put in a 6 speed manual transmission for their 7 series
That would be 740iL Sport. :p :)

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts