BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years, I bought a bimmer again. After H. S. I owned and hopped up a 68' 1600, with a fresh motor, sporting hp. pistons, etc. This time after a month of online searching I bought the best E30 I could find, an 86' 325e with 128k. I was in pursuit of a 318/ 5spd., but settled on this 5spd/6. I have not found the hp/tq rating on the 2.7L, yet and I am not sure as to how to confirm this with the vin code.
I have been wrenching for a long time so it didn't bother me that this car needed attention. The power windows don't work, and I am cranking with a hex wrench. Are there hand cranks available? I fiqured the switches are faulty since the fuse is good and the units both worked last fall, according to the seller. I have not tested any circuits yet, but I am more concerned with a 'hot start' problem.
After driving awhile and shutting off the motor, a restart results in a slow turnning over of the starter. Previous owner tried to solve this by installing a new battery and adding a reman starter. Cables and contacts are clean. I wonder if I should relocate the battery up front or relocate the solenoid like is needed on chevrolet big block cars. Some resistance tests will give me a clue but wondered if this is a common problem. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts