BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Porleau
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just closed what might be the quickest negotiation for a custom ordered BMW 335xi sedan. Spent 15mins on the phone w/ the sales manager of a Boston area dealer and came to an invoice + $500 deal with no markup on the MF (also requested and got the OLP MF discount). Straight shooter and nice guy. Most of the the time was spent confirming the options and taking the deposit. So much easier to work with these guys when you know your stuff (and thanks to the Bimmerfest community for making that happen). Easy sale for the dealer as I never stepped foot in the showroom and spent a grand total of maybe 20mins between the call and emails to get it done. Definition of win/win.

One question; I was offered either a build slot at either Germany or South Africa. I chose the former, but wondering if there is a difference in quality.

Here's what I'm getting in late May/early June:

'11 335i X-Drive sedan (Black Sap/Chestnut)
M-Sport
Premium
Cold
Step
H/K Audio
iPod
Comfort Access

·
Registered
377 Posts
One question; I was offered either a build slot at either Germany or South Africa. I chose the former, but wondering if there is a difference in quality.
Your Builder will be in Regensburg, Germany. That's where mine was assembled/built. They build the 1 series and 3 series (E90, E91).

But the whole car is not made in Germany...just FYI. The headlights are made in Austria. The shocks & coil springs are made in Poland just to name a few.

When you get your car, conduct an inspection (even go underneath). You'll be amazed where everything was built.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts