BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Haven't used them myself but have seen them installed and in use. Personally, I'd go for a solution with buzzer only because the display tends to look a bit tacky even in older cars. In a nearly new one?.... :eek:

Not saying this one is any good but something like this would be concealed but still help you avoid scuffing the paintwork and looks almost OEM.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...oryZ6779QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
Have you looked into the retrofit kit from the dealer?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't used them myself but have seen them installed and in use. Personally, I'd go for a solution with buzzer only because the display tends to look a bit tacky even in older cars. In a nearly new one?.... :eek:

Not saying this one is any good but something like this would be concealed but still help you avoid scuffing the paintwork and looks almost OEM.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...oryZ6779QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The one on eBay is the same one without the display.

The sensors are paintable, so I will paint them.

Anyone know where I can get the spay paint in Silver Gray, paint code A08? BMW only sell the paint stick not spray can. MB sells spray can!

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
I'll check when I bring my car in for service tomorrow. My guess is way over $1,000.
I wouldn't think it would be that much just for the parts. But Canadian prices can be crazy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I wouldn't think it would be that much just for the parts. But Canadian prices can be crazy.
Okay, I was wrong about the cost of retrofitting the backup sensors into my 5 wagon. I went in and asked the service advisor. He said he quoted one last year at it not about a $1,000, but it would be closer to $5,000!!!!!. Yes, $5,000. He said have to run the wires, switches, etc. I wouldn't be surprise that included a new bumper cover with the pre drill holes for the sensors!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to BMW parts and got a print out of the bumper cover, but it does not show the details like location of clips and the like so I can take it off. The part number is 51 12 7 897 266. Can some one send a link to a page where it shows the clips?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.