BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 740, '98 for 3 years, and love my girl, but she is acting up lately. I am hoping to get some answers here, after only searching alot of threads....

My problems:
1. Drivers window will not move up or down.
2. Side view mirrors cannot be adjusted.
3. Drivers door will not lock/unlock, most annoying, have to climb in back seat to unlock from the inside.
4. the alarm will not chirp when arming/disarming the alarm.
5. the radio every now and then will not work.

Sometimes if I disconnect the battery for 20 minutes this would temp "fix" most issues, but then they would come back....have not done this yet this year as I just got her out of storage....

So...does this sound like a bad GM3, or several issues some gm related, some not.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Might be your GM but not necessarily. I had a problem with passenger door. Locks not working, window not moving, mirror not working and my remote also did not work. It was all caused by corrosion in a connector that connects door to the car. I just cut off that connector and spliced all wires together and everything began working like new. But if unplugging battery helps that issue then I would probably replace door module first, and if that doesn't help - GM.

I had an issue with radio also. It would not work on hot days. But that was caused by water collecting in rear of the car by amplifier. Ever since I fixed that radio works fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Omni

Do you know where the door module is located?? Is that something that a rather off hands guy can do on his own......searched forums for instructions, right now googling it, nothing yet....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its located on your door. Type in door module e38 on eBay and there are bunch of them for sale. All you have to do is remove door panel.

Sent from my MB865 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Omni

Does it have to be programmed, or will it just connect and done, I actually came across your thread on this some time back while searching google...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts