BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, im looking for someone who has put bags on their e38 and can describe the process, including specifics where needed. I know there's no chasis specific kit for this car and that i would need to get a universal kit that requires some fabrication. I work in a fab shop so i have access to just about anything i would probably need. I need some info on what happens with the SLS in the rear, would i need to delete that whole system, or does it just need to be disconnected? Also i have the same questions with the automatic damper control in the front. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!
~Frank Buffa

·
Registered
320 Posts
Stanceworks.com Jeremy Whittle - have a look at that car. SLS runs off the PS pump. Basically you terminate the pipes running to the sls by looping it back. You will be taking out all struts / shocks, so EDC will be gone too

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read whittle's stanceworks article, i dont remember him sayiny anything about the process...i could be wrong though

·
Registered
320 Posts
Which part of the process? You asked about what was needed to remove sls functionality, and the impact to EDC. That I can answer. I'm not an airbag guy. There are many threads about terminating sls in an e38. EDC communicates with the OE struts. You should be talking that all out. Once you have sls terminated, you can remove the rest of the plumbing and nitrogen spheres. Just be careful, as they are under pressure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which part of the process? You asked about what was needed to remove sls functionality, and the impact to EDC. That I can answer. I'm not an airbag guy. There are many threads about terminating sls in an e38. EDC communicates with the OE struts. You should be talking that all out. Once you have sls terminated, you can remove the rest of the plumbing and nitrogen spheres. Just be careful, as they are under pressure.
Thanks for the reply, ill keep that in mind when i do the sls and the edc. So this will be my first time doing an air ride setup, but im eager to do it myself. I don't really know where to begin, so I guess what im really looking for is where to start? I'd like to make a checklist for each of the processes involved so i can really see what i need to do, and research as needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts