BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me that I can replace the inner ball joints without replacing the arms.......My arms are GOLD plated.....same question about the tie rod end

·
Registered
513 Posts
You can change the inner ball joint hoever it is the biggest PITA. Its really worth it to just buy a new arm unless you want the dealer to do it in which case it would cost a lot of money. I believe the tie rod is the same as the ball joint so you should be able to change both.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) Sweet....it seems that my whole suspention is 24K gold.....so I dont want to buy new arms.......Where can I find just the inner ball joint, and outter tie rod end ball joint? I'm having a terrible time finding these parts....:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the info......and no its not a joke I have a gold suspention.........with all kinds of issues.........

·
Registered
42 Posts
toolman106 said:
thanks for all the info......and no its not a joke I have a gold suspention.........with all kinds of issues.........
LOL.... Thats the funniest thing I've heard all day!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I saw those for sale on websites..... what has me is why on earth would a sane rational thinking human being .... who is not some millionaire and i mean the heir or heiress type... not someone who worked hard for their millions........ would buy gold plated suspension... the part of your car that takes the most abuse and is changed most frequently.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to be honest its not your typical daily 318ic......its more of a show piece that gets driven from time to time

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
seriously...if anyone has any knowledge of why.....or which bushing or ball joint controls the upper rear control arm.......it is hitting my axel.......:( Were should I start first.......the inner or is it the lower outer......this is going to be a pain I can tell.........

Yes the Axel is making contact with the upper control arm.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I need to find JUST the tie rod end ball joint.........! I really need this end........I want to keep my tie rod arm.....please post a link

1 - 16 of 16 Posts