BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guyz i bought a 320i with a knackred barrel as the lad decided he needed to move the car with no keys, so he'd smashed the barrel and the numpty has removed the part that turns the ignition switch, anyone any ideas what i do now or how i can get a new part that turns the ignition switch when the barrel turns

Mark

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Hi.

A) Don't bump your threads more than once every 24 hours.
B) For this kind of parts question, I'd recommend checking realoem.com. They have exploding parts diagrams of all BMW parts. It's an EXCELLENT resource. I'm not sure exactly what the person did, but you can look at the pieces and perhaps know more than I would since I'm not entirely sure what happened. I think you'll probably need a new barrel, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive got a new barrel, but the part behind it i dont understand how that could of been removed

Mark

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Go to RealOEM.com and configure your car, and find the ignition section, look at the exploded view of the parts, and see what part you're missing. I'm guessing, if you have a good barrel, the ignition switch is out of place.

I just though of something though - does the barrel just turn and turn? Because that is another common problem as well when a small guide pin dies. I think it's #12 on the diagram you're going to look up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts