BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Battery discharged when stopped

25248 16
So my car has been saying it's discharged when at rest, every time I get in it after a few hours I have to reset time... and get the error message. I hooked up my Carly adaptor and got the following codes

Engine / Motor
Fault Code: 193001
Fault Explanation: Tank level sensor, left, signal: short circuit to
positive or open circuit

Fault Code: 213601
Fault Explanation: Power management, closed-circuit protection: closed-circuit current violation

Fault Code: 193208
Fault Explanation: Tankfuellstand, plausibility: implausible to consumption

Central Gateway / zentrales Gateway
Fault Code: 801C15
Fault Explanation: :Faulty asleep at 30B

Fault Code: D91420
Fault Explanation: :ICM CAN message vehicle speed: failure or invalid content signal (V VEH COG, ST V VEH NSS, Alive qualifier, CRC)

Roof / Dach Funktionen
Fault Code: 801A4A
Fault Explanation: :Car alarm: deactivated inclination sensor and interior protection / Deactivation IRS and tilt sensor per customer function

Junction Box
Fault Code: 8020B8
Fault Explanation: :Tank sensor left Short circuit to positive or open
circuit
Fault Code: 8020E8
Fault Explanation: :Terminal 30F reset / shutdown

Fuel pump / Kraftstoffpumpe
Fault Code: 481B2B
Fault Explanation: :Saugstrahlpumpenfunktion defective

Please help me if you have seen this issue before

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is the significant error, Fault Code: 213601 Fault Explanation: Power management, closed-circuit protection: closed-circuit current violation

This is the probable cause, Central Gateway / zentrales Gateway Fault Code: 801C15 Fault Explanation: :Faulty asleep at 30B

A closed-circuit current violation is caused by 1) faulty sleeping or waking a module (here the Central Gateway), or 2) high closed-circuit current (often >80 mA), or 3) improperly powered after-market accessory drawing excessive current.
So my car has been saying it's discharged when at rest, every time I get in it after a few hours I have to reset time... and get the error message. I hooked up my Carly adaptor and got the following codes

Fault Code: 213601
Fault Explanation: Power management, closed-circuit protection: closed-circuit current violation

Central Gateway / zentrales Gateway
Fault Code: 801C15
Fault Explanation: :Faulty asleep at 30B
Reactions: spaceghost10410
But there is nothing after market on car...

This is the significant error, Fault Code: 213601 Fault Explanation: Power management, closed-circuit protection: closed-circuit current violation

This is the probable cause, Central Gateway / zentrales Gateway Fault Code: 801C15 Fault Explanation: :Faulty asleep at 30B

A closed-circuit current violation is caused by 1) faulty sleeping or waking a module (here the Central Gateway), or 2) high closed-circuit current (often >80 mA), or 3) improperly powered after-market accessory drawing excessive current.
Need to replace the battery. I got the message of excessive electrical drain and everything was shut down when my battery was going. I also got all kinds of EVAP codes and warning lights....nothing after I replaced the battery.
Battery and alternator was replaced also [emoji17]

Need to replace the battery. I got the message of excessive electrical drain and everything was shut down when my battery was going. I also got all kinds of EVAP codes and warning lights....nothing after I replaced the battery.
Was the battery properly registered to the car?

Yes

Was the battery properly registered to the car?
Any news on this, it's been awhile. I'm having the same thing now.
Reactions: Ahmed Nadeem
Did you install an aftermarket rebuilt alternator, or a brand new BMW alternator?

Actually, the alternator wasn't changed out at all. The shop I went to didn't seem to think that was necessary.

I have my last service appointment with the BMW dealer next week (free oil change, yay!). I told them about my problems, and they said the could do a complete diagnostic for $190. When I bring it in I'll ask for them to check the alternator.

EDIT: i had the battery replaced last week, and this happened after that (it was going on before as well). I just talked with the service guy (independent, good reviews) and he said he did run checks and nothing with the alternator popped up.
My problem was that the right rear passenger door handle was malfunctioning and draining the battery. I had them disconnect the CAS from that handle and the problem went away. That was 4 months ago.
Our batteries don't like bad door handles on the CA system.
I have fixed the above problem by replacing outside door handles, heated mirrors etc on 5, 6 and 7 series models. These cars are very sensitive to voltage drain. Just about everytime the code was in faults.
i know thats my problem. but havent gotten around to fix last one. i found one of two ISTA said where bad. just need Driver rear door.
in case anyone knows or happens to see one for sale. thanks
Our batteries don't like bad door handles on the CA system.
Plenty of door handles on ebay for sale. Got one with exact paint code for my driver rear door. Believe it was t5 or t10 thin long torx screwdriver into the door jamb hole to unscrew the bolt on the handles bracket. You'll need a good led flashlight to look inside the jamb hole to find that screw. Then slide the handles out. Unplug the harness. Reinstall in reverse order.
What did you use to find out which door was giving you that issue. I currently have tha battery discharged while stationary problem, I had the battery and alternator checked out and both are good
My problem was that the right rear passenger door handle was malfunctioning and draining the battery. I had them disconnect the CAS from that handle and the problem went away. That was 4 months ago.
I’m not the person you quoted but I had a similar issue.
i disconnected all 4 handles. It was not worth the headache.
What did you use to find out which door was giving you that issue. I currently have tha battery discharged while stationary problem, I had the battery and alternator checked out and both are good
Reactions: AuTheMystic02
1 - 17 of 17 Posts