BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2006 BMW 750 LI, the car would not start in the morning, the battery was completely dead. I took it to the dealer and after 4 days they decided the Car Access System (CAS) is the problem and it needs to be changed. After I changed it (Cost around $1300, first the dealer asked for $1670), the car was OK for several days, then the issue came back. I took it back to the dealer and they said it's the battery.

I noticed (after changing the CAS) the car will not sleep sometimes (LED next to the driver seat control stays on), it should turn off after 16 minutes. Before I change the CAS, the car was not sleep at all, now sometimes it sleeps and sometimes does not.

My question is, can the battery cause this issue (Keep the car awake), It does not make sense to me that a bad battery (Low in voltage) can cause the car to stay awake sometimes not all the times.

What do you think.

Thanks,

·
CRISP & CLEAN
4,175 Posts
I have 2006 BMW 750 LI, the car would not start in the morning, the battery was completely dead. I took it to the dealer and after 4 days they decided the Car Access System (CAS) is the problem and it needs to be changed. After I changed it (Cost around $1300, first the dealer asked for $1670), the car was OK for several days, then the issue came back. I took it back to the dealer and they said it's the battery.

I noticed (after changing the CAS) the car will not sleep sometimes (LED next to the driver seat control stays on), it should turn off after 16 minutes. Before I change the CAS, the car was not sleep at all, now sometimes it sleeps and sometimes does not.

My question is, can the battery cause this issue (Keep the car awake), It does not make sense to me that a bad battery (Low in voltage) can cause the car to stay awake sometimes not all the times.

What do you think.

Thanks,
Sounds like its your Battery & your PM Power Module ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts