BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I had a question can anyone help me I drive a 328i 2007 and every time I go somewhere and turn of the car to listen to the radio the battery signal comes up within 1 minute of having my car park and then everything shuts of. I'm guessing the battery is getting weak. Can I replace the battery my self like any other car or would I actually have to take it to a bmw dealer to get it replaced.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Battery replacement involves the registration of the new battery that is very easy but needs INPA. Take it to an indy that works on BMWs or download INPA, get a K+DCAN cable for $10 and DIY.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
You need to replace the present battery with a replacement which is the same Amp-hour capacity rating, and which is the same type of battery (flooded vs. AGM) or else you have to have someone 'CODE' the proper characteristics into the battery management unit.
If you replace with same size and type of battery as what you have now, then the new battery needs to be 'registered'...or else the new battery may have a significantly shortened life because it is being improperly charged by the battery management module.
If you replace your own battery, you do not need to immediately register the battery, but you should get it done somewhat soon after the change.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would buy a cteck tickler charger , for 60 usd you have one on amazon !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts