BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted about throttle sensor issues and am also noticing that something is draining the battery in my 2008 E70 4.8L.
I just replaced the alternator and battery for the second time within one year.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any theories on what could cause it?

I read that changing the negative battery cable could resolve this issue. Has anyone had similar issues and tried this?

Thanks for your help.... I really need it

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've no idea. There are at least a thousand possible things that can cause high battery drain. But I do wish you well tracking it down. This can be a difficult task, so you might need all the luck in the world.

I know that one battery drain that has been mentioned frequently is a short circuit in a comfort access door handle, particularly the driver's door handle. If you have comfort access, you might note the leading edge of that handle feeling a little warmer than other spots on the door. An infrared thermometer might show that spot perhaps 15 or 20 degrees warmer than anyplace 6 inches away from the door handle. If this is an issue, CA might be troublesome, as well. If you don't have CA, this would not apply.

Other than that, anything that will prevent the car's computers from going to sleep will also cause high battery drain. And that's pretty much anything. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts