first with INPA

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

with toolset32

first go to file then click F3 then select POW_E65.prg

in the second pic double click the command (steuern_batterietausch_registrieren) just ones and you are done .

remember this is for registering the same size battery not for retrofitting another size , if you want to retrofit 90AGM battery you need to register the battery with DIS because DIS well register only 90AGM battery , if you want to retrofit another battery size you have to use NCS expert .

·
Registered
299 Posts
Help me out here? what is this battery thing ( registration ) with what? the car computer ?
So if you take out the battery and say get a sears diehard gold . what happens can someone
explain . will another battery work ( doesn't it just see a 12 volt power supply?

diehard $100
bmw $200

·
Major
2,307 Posts
U need AGM battery. It must be registered. Otherwise it wont charge properly. Our cars are very sensitive. If ur battery is low or doesnt get charged properly u will get different errors and faults. Ur car need to know how it needs to charge battery thats why u need to register it. U can go to dealer, INDY, or u can set up bmw tools and do it urself

·
It's the Machine in Me!
145 Posts
Who has used a non OEM BMW Battery @ $300? I buy all my batteries from auto zone (warranty = 8 years). I am looking at replacing my 03 745i battery with a Duralast (for my specific year & model = same size!) auto zone battery! I am having my local dealership register it!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Who has used a non OEM BMW Battery @ $300? I buy all my batteries from auto zone (warranty = 8 years). I am looking at replacing my 03 745i battery with a Duralast (for my specific year & model = same size!) auto zone battery! I am having my local dealership register it!
How did this work out for you? I'm looking to do the same thing. Do I NEED to have the exact battery that the dealer is suggesting??

·
no fear
203 Posts
I've used nonBMW battery on my 745 2002: Varta Silver Dynamic 110ah. It cost me about 150 USD. The only important thing was to register the higher Ah, and my friend has done it for me, but i dont remember how - with DIS, INPA or somehow other way.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.