BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of replacing my battery in my 2006 325i 43,000 miles and garage kept,five years old this month,is this too soon,called the dealer and they wanted $470 ouch,if it needs replacing are there any tips to making it compatible with the computer,also any battery brands to recomend,i know interstate is rated high but not sure about others,thanks in advance for your help,oilman4627

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
I think if you have BMW break the cost down you will most likely discover (cavet here for AGM battery) that the cost of the battery is 270 and registering the battery as a new battery is like 200 bucks.
But if you don't have an AGM battery and don't need to register your battery (I thought that started in 2007 but could be 2006 too) any quality battery will do. I think due to a lot of buy outs there is a single battery supplier for our cars which (again memory) is Johnson Controls. Used to be a couple but actually the ones like Interstate, those sold by Batteries Plus I think are all the same. Unfortunately we can't go to Walmart or Autozone and get a battery there.

By the way AGM absorbed glass mat is supposed to be a sealed battery which uses wound fiberglass for the cell material. Very common in the sailboat community because of its ability to discharge and be recharged back to life. Also noted for long life.

Curious as to what type of battery you have...

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
No training fee? No document fee? Sounds like a bargain!

·
Drive it like u stole it!
804 Posts
You will probably have to suck it up and have BMW do it....after you disconnect the battery, BMW techs prob have to reset your computer. I read that on a couple of posts here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.