BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had experience with bavarian autosport springs ? i am looking to get a set for my 01 525 , i am just wondering how much lower should i expect ? how low compared to the oem sports pakcage ? last but most importantly , how's the ride quality ?

thanks for the help !

· Registered
376 Posts
socal525I said:
has anyone had experience with bavarian autosport springs ? i am looking to get a set for my 01 525 , i am just wondering how much lower should i expect ? how low compared to the oem sports pakcage ? last but most importantly , how's the ride quality ?

thanks for the help !
I actually just ordered a set last week for my 97 540. Should be geting it on Monday. I'll keep you posted once I've installed it. Actually, it may be awhile since I'm still in the market for struts/shocks. :D

· Brevity= the soul of wit
15,529 Posts
socal525I said:

thanks for the help !
I have them on my 2k 540. Love them!

· racer wannabe
3,317 Posts
socal525I said:
hi there, did you also get new shocks ? or just the springs ? how's the ride qulity and how much lower compared with the oem sports package ?
thanks
Since he's probably too busy playing with his cute daughter I will chime in. He also got a set of adjustable Koni shocks. The ride quality is surprisingly great, especially since the car rides on 18"s and the drop in height is significant. Take a look for yourself:

Rear sits a little higher and you can hear some rubbing at high speeds but this is only due to the fact that his tires are waaay too wide :D :

Front is so low that it's hard to put a finger between the tire and the fender but there are no rubbing issues.
Is there anything I forgot to mention, Prop?

· Brevity= the soul of wit
15,529 Posts
F1Crazy said:
Nope! you did good! Here's some from before (and during) the shocks:
Front on stockers:

Old rear gap:

Installing Bav Auto Springs and Koni's:

rear installed:

These pics are from '01. I've loved the shocks and springs! Great combo!

· Registered
376 Posts
F1Crazy said:
Since he's probably too busy playing with his cute daughter I will chime in. He also got a set of adjustable Koni shocks. The ride quality is surprisingly great, especially since the car rides on 18"s and the drop in height is significant. Take a look for yourself:

Rear sits a little higher and you can hear some rubbing at high speeds but this is only due to the fact that his tires are waaay too wide :D :

Front is so low that it's hard to put a finger between the tire and the fender but there are no rubbing issues.
Wow, that's a nice drop. Can you tell me what size tires and wheels (as well as the offset) you're using. Did you roll the rear fenders or are the rears rubbing due to the fact the rear fenders weren't rolled?

The Bav. Autosport springs are only to suppose to drop the car 1.25". Did you do anything else to lower the ride height? Your car looks like it's dropped more 1.25". I really like the stance of your car. Thanks! :thumbup: :)

Anthony

· racer wannabe
3,317 Posts
Wheels are 18" BBS RK II, 2 piece but I don't know exact size, fenders had to be rolled. I think Prop went with very wide tires in the back and this causes rubbing.

If you go with shorter springs your original shocks will be compressed all the time and will wear out faster, ride and handling will be compromised somewhat as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.