BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bavarian Technic Enthusiast Version

1089 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  jotscan
When I launch the BT software it asks for a transmission selection: "GS 20" or "GS855". In a thread somewhere I thought I'd seen a post that my build date (540iA Feb 28/97) would have the GS8.55 module, however when I select the GS20 module it enables other functions in the transmission diagnostic menu such as "Actual Values" "Activations" and "Commands", which don't appear in the GS855 transmission diagnostic menu. I'm using the 20 pin connector.

Does anyone have any insight/experience they can share?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I've never hear of the Bavarian Technic software.

For that, most would install INPA, DIS or GT1.
When I launch the BT software it asks for a transmission selection: "GS 20" or "GS855". In a thread somewhere I thought I'd seen a post that my build date (540iA Feb 28/97) would have the GS8.55 module, however when I select the GS20 module it enables other functions in the transmission diagnostic menu such as "Actual Values" "Activations" and "Commands", which don't appear in the GS855 transmission diagnostic menu. I'm using the 20 pin connector.

Does anyone have any insight/experience they can share?
Bavarian Technic Version 1.8.6.6

Just sent an email to BT:

Vehicle: 2003 BMW 530i E39 M54

Questions:
Q1:
The software does not have a selection for my car's automatic transmission control system:
A5S325Z 5HP19 transmission ZF control system is GS 8.60.4
Will the selection "GS 8.55" work?
Reply from BT:
A1:
You are correct: the GS 8.60.4 is not supported by the program at this time. It will be added to a near-future release.

Q2:
Is it required to run the car in a dyno shop with blowers (simulating the air flow when the car is moving) to prevent the car from overheating when using the diagnostic tool in "Actual Values" mode?
Reply from BT:
A2:
The question regarding the blowers should be answered by the dyno owner and/or BMW. We believe it is a good idea to use the blowers to help keep the engine cool during dyno runs.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.