BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

So I ordered several things from Bavarianauto for my 01 540i, but I'm a bit confused from what I got. here is what purchased:
1. Thermostat. Part number 11 53 1 436 386.
2. Washer pump. Part number 67 12 8 377 612
3. OEM Tie-Rods. Left 32 21 1 091 723. Right 32 21 1 091 724

those above are the parts numbers I purchased from them. However, see the pictures of what I received today:
a. Thermostat doesn't look OEM, it was boxed with a brand call BEHR, and doesn't even have the right part #.
b. Washer pump doesn't look OEM.
c. The left tie-rod has a different brand from the right side one, and they don't even look a like.
d. I also purchased MEYLE thrust arm bushings, and I do see them wrapped with MEYLE bag. However, there's a little label on the bag says "made in China"?!! is that normal. (check the last six pictures)

Please if you guys can tell me what I got and/or if there's anything good/bad from the order I received, it would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Rami

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I deal with Autohaus AZ so I can't comment on your supplier,Autohaus tell you what part you are buying and who makes it,theres my point.
We have a flood of Chinese parts coming in to New Zealand and you have to be VERY careful as they copy a part and even include an original part # but the fit/design/composition is most likely all wrong,I don't think Meyle have a plant in China.
Your thermostats ok but you need to ask for matching parts with your tie rod ends it just makes sense.
I don't buy a brand I don't know cause I've had German cars for 25yrs and you get to work that stuff out.
Best of luck with your supplier.

·
Entwicklung 39
4,136 Posts
BavAuto is a reputable distributor that sells quality parts. If you have a problem with what they've sent you, why don't you phone them and tell them.

Many Meyle parts are made in China.

Behr branded parts are considered OEM replacement.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hi there,

So I ordered several things from Bavarianauto for my 01 540i, but I'm a bit confused from what I got. here is what purchased:
1. Thermostat. Part number 11 53 1 436 386.
2. Washer pump. Part number 67 12 8 377 612
3. OEM Tie-Rods. Left 32 21 1 091 723. Right 32 21 1 091 724

those above are the parts numbers I purchased from them. However, see the pictures of what I received today:
a. Thermostat doesn't look OEM, it was boxed with a brand call BEHR, and doesn't even have the right part #.
b. Washer pump doesn't look OEM.
c. The left tie-rod has a different brand from the right side one, and they don't even look a like.
d. I also purchased MEYLE thrust arm bushings, and I do see them wrapped with MEYLE bag. However, there's a little label on the bag says "made in China"?!! is that normal. (check the last six pictures)

Please if you guys can tell me what I got and/or if there's anything good/bad from the order I received, it would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Rami
I stopped using them years ago after spending thousands of dollars with them. They always got my orders wrong, that always cost me extra money in down time, and they used to send different parts that did not match. Most importantly, they did not send OEM parts when that is what was advertised, even with a pic.

I have not used them for many years since.

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
1+,

I used bavauto for many years since 1990s, but I stopped using them because they are not competitive.
- Parts are a mix bag of OEM and Chinese stuff. They need to do their research and carry only quality stuff.
- EACEuroparts or autohausaz are much better, you receive what you order.

The bottom line:
- Research the parts mfg properly.
- Then order from reputable vendors.
- Not sure? Buy dealer parts, they are more expensive but for the most parts, you get the peace of mind.

·
Slip slidin around town
1,359 Posts
They sent me 2 control arms for my e36, both driver side? I asked how often people order 2 arms for the same side. No answer, they did send me the correct one after arguing about who should pay shipping? uhh they should.. Bavautos customer service seemed somewhat willing to correct an error on there end. Good luck

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I actually need to buy the stuff that restores the bumper trim/molding...black magic or something. Unless anyone knows where to get it for cheaper?

·
Entwicklung 39
4,136 Posts
Yeah,

The only thing I bought from bavauto a few years ago was the rubber floor mat.
My biggest beef with BavAuto is their total lack of competitiveness when it comes to pricing. The parts I have ordered arrived on time and as advertised but if you're looking for deals from them, they are few and far between.

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
Actually to give bavauto some credit, they are the pioneer in carrying BMW parts years ago, even before autohausaz or EACeuro etc.

Back in the 1980s and 1990s, they were good.

As time goes on, they are complacent and:
- price is not competitive
- not doing their research on parts mfg, often settling for cheap Chinese stuff
- website is difficult to navigate, you have to shift all kinds of gears to see different items.

On the other hand, they carry UNIQUE items: hat, rubber floor mat set, memorabilia that other vendors don't sell.

So for my routine maintenance:
- EACeuroparts or autohausaz

For unique Gift items: bavauto

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If I was as dissatisfied with any vendor as much as you claim to be, it certainly wouldn't have taken me "thousands" of dollars to figure it out. :rolleyes:
I have much patience and tend to give a vendor the benefit of the doubt. I restored two BMW's in that time with a majority of the parts ordered from them. Issue after issue finally just made me decide to go elsewhere. A few thousand is a drop in the bucket when restoring two BMW's. So, it did not take that long to rack up that much expense versus the hassle I had to deal with. They were the major force back in the early to mid-90's - there are numerous more options on the internet now.

If you cannot understand that explanation, then I can only assume you are being a smarta$$ just to be one.

·
Member Supremo
1,599 Posts
IMO: Bavauto is good for special things: Celis retrofits, floor mats, and maybe OEM bumpers.

My expirence with them was good, eventhough i only ordered floor mats. I agree with AnotherGeezer, they dont have the best competitive pricing.

IMO: Give ECStuning a shot, they have VERY good prices. Every order I have placed with them came exactly on time, it was exactly what I ordered, and packaged a bit too good!

The only bad side to them is that if you get a small item, flat shipping is $10, but if you order alot, shipping is low.

OT: Give bavauto a call and see if they can fix this.
Did you buy them advertised as OEM or not?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks everyone,

I'm gonna give them a call today and ask for a refund because I cant deal with this chines parts. I want only OEM parts, and that's what I should've received because that's what they advertise on the parts I purchased. The second reason that makes me think about getting a refund is my order shipped through two separate packages. One I received last night which half of the parts didn't match what I purchased, and the second package was not delivered/damaged after just tracking it. I waited months and months to place this order and get it on time before Christmas so I can diy it during the holiday. Now I'm gonna have to wait another week or more to get my stuff together, which is sucks. Will give them a shot and see how it goes. Thanks!

Rami

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Take a look at www.rockauto.com lots of parts and very good with prices and shipping, havnt had a problem with them yet.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks matt540, I'm definitely gonna check them out.
I'll also take a look at eaceuroparts and autohausaz and see which one covers everything I need so it will be in one order.

Back to bavaauto, I called them and talked with them about what happened and the apologized and offered me a full refund with prepaid retrieved shipping cost. I like their customer service and the guys over there are pleasure to deal with. They did confirm the overwhelming mistakes they've been doing with their orders. They also said they're working on fixing this big lacking with unorganized parts. They emailed me with ups prepaid shipping label right while I was on the phone with them, so I repacked everything up and just dropped of at the ups for return hopping this process get done shortly .

Regards,

Rami

1 - 20 of 32 Posts