5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope your not waiting for parts!

Attachments

·
Under the lift arms
12,939 Posts
Holy hell...

Im not gonna lie they where my go to.. Until the market kinda dumped and everything got tight, I had no choice but to find alternatives that fit better

just tweeted them... Cant believe that

·
Search, Read, THEN Ask
3,211 Posts
Hope your not waiting for parts!
Yeah, someone posted briefly back on Friday but saw the website didn't mention anything about closing.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1320729

Now it seems they've updated the website with a Farewell page.

Never found BavAuto priced competitively against the likes of FCP, Pelican and RMEuropean unless it was in the "Sales" tab. Even then prices were still high.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They use to have pretty good prices but that was years ago.
Their Show & Shine events were great, I when to many of them when I lived in MA.

·
Learning Every Day
640 Posts
If their recent Customer Service was any indication, this was written on the wall a while back. I had all kinds of trouble getting straight answers from BAVAuto about parts, prices, availability, etc in recent months/weeks when putting the last of my suspension overhaul parts together. I also had a ridiculous time with ECSTuning to the point that I won't order from them ever again. In the end, FCPEuro got my $$$. They're good, and I'll be placing orders for timing and cooling components in a few weeks......

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Wow, kind of bummed out about this. Back in the day of no internet, they were my go to for my first BMW ('87 E30) and I have continued to use them mostly for convenience. I am in MA and they are in NH. Ordering with base free shipping meant next day for me. For my current E39, I shop them, FCP and ECS, but if the parts were in the same ballpark $$, I would go with BavAuto.

Back to the no internet days, I would await their flyer or catalog every month and read every page and all the cool upgrades I could do to my E30. Bummer.

·
Constantly Learning
2,020 Posts
This is very sad news. I also have fond memories of their catalog. And I occasionally liked to order the old fashioned way, by calling up and talking to a human. They would also price match on non-sales items.

Have to find a home for all those DIY videos with "Otto," aka Gordon Arnold.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or to Alex for not holding up the fort when Jim moved out. :rofl:
^__YES, it's Alex's fault. He's probably still shoveling snow.
62ºF here today.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Attachments

·
Search, Read, THEN Ask
3,211 Posts
Yes, I'm guilty of shoveling snow. And very tired of it.
Lucky you! Down in the city, we had one 6" snowfall in Nov and another 6" last week.

Snowfall well below normal for this year and the slopes in VT are practically bare if not for the manmade snow.

Next time, attach a plow to the front of that F150 RV and plow instead of shoveling!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alex, got any bacon cooking on the Coleman?

About 50 miles north of me is many feet of snow up on the Santa Fe ski slopes, even more up in Taos.
More about 8 miles east of me up on the Sandia mountain range and ski slopes.
None here at my house which is fine with me.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Lucky you! Down in the city, we had one 6" snowfall in Nov and another 6" last week.

Snowfall well below normal for this year and the slopes in VT are practically bare if not for the manmade snow.

Next time, attach a plow to the front of that F150 RV and plow instead of shoveling!
Why didn't I think of that?:D. Actually, I have a Kubota tractor with front mount snow blower.

Alex, got any bacon cooking on the Coleman?

About 50 miles north of me is many feet of snow up on the Santa Fe ski slopes, even more up in Taos.
More about 8 miles east of me up on the Sandia mountain range and ski slopes.
None here at my house which is fine with me.
Must be nice! You can see snow but not effected by it! Way to go Jim. :thumbup:

You don't miss much Jim, I was just finished boiling water for my morning coffee on the Coleman. Did you spot my yellow Tike? Gumbi4u once did, remember him?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You don't miss much Jim, I was just finished boiling water for my morning coffee on the Coleman. Did you spot my yellow Tike? Gumbi4u once did, remember him?
That little yellow chair?
What's those 2 old rotors for?

Gumbi4u, sure do.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shhh. Jim as a mod on BForums has a sticky to not talk about competitors forums. :rofl:
As long as we don't bad mouth competing forums we can talk about bfest.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Shhh. Jim as a mod on BForums has a sticky to not talk about competitors forums. :rofl:

BTW, do you still keep in touch with Jason H-NNY528I?
I met both Gumbi4u is not as bad in person as behind the internet.

Are you who I think it is. Did we meet once at Jason's house in Amsterdam NY? Sorry but I'm getting old and can't remember your name. But I think I remember your car's paint job though. :)

That little yellow chair?
What's those 2 old rotors for?

Gumbi4u, sure do.
The 2 rotors are my stopper so I don't crush my camper.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts