BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a new-used 2013 328iX drive. I was looking for quite awhile for one in nice shape with low miles AND with the premium H K sound system. Alas (or so I thought), hardly any of these cars come with the upgraded sound system. So I "settled" for one with the standard HiFi sound system (9 speakers) and did some research on how I might improve things, as I love love love great sounding stereo! After searching a bit on the internet and Bimmerfest in particular, I discovered a company called Bavsound that makes speaker upgrades designed specifically for BMW vehicles. I took the plunge with their amazing guarantee, and the results are amazing. It's like wearing foggy eyeglasses and suddenly they are wiped clean. Beatiful highs, rich midrange, and much more presence in the music, which in my case is jazz, classical and folk/rock. The folks at Bavsound were very helpful, not pushy at all, and happily confident that they had a product that would speak (no, "sing") for itself. They were right. I got a company to install it here in New England (not from their site, as there are none at all close to me). The place specializes in backup cameras and other installs, so they were familiar with this upgrade and charged 3 hrs of labor. The installation went smoothly except for a wood trim piece that broke and was replaced two days later, and I couldn't be happier! I am convinced these are BETTER than the HK system and the price was quite reasonable. Photos show the quality of these speakers. The last photo is of the stock tweeter, now thankfully removed from the car!

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
For me it was even the little things with the Stage one upgrade. Did you notice the metal ring around the tweeters matches some of your dash gauges (like the gas and temp)?

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you want even better.... add a Bimmer-tech amp!

It will "unleash" your system.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just ordered the Stage One today. Looking forward to hearing the results. Would love to install it myself, but with my luck I will break something lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I suppose it makes sense to think I'm biased, but i really didn't need to write anything glowing, just something favorable. And I got the money back from them already and it's sitting in my bank account. So if I wanted to now tell you the truth, I would, but the fact is that the system really is amazing. Really!

·
Registered
32 Posts
well I suppose it makes sense to think I'm biased, but i really didn't need to write anything glowing, just something favorable. And I got the money back from them already and it's sitting in my bank account. So if I wanted to now tell you the truth, I would, but the fact is that the system really is amazing. Really!
That's the thing. How about people start giving actual opinions on products without receiving any money from seller. This is what's wrong with Amazon. I'm sure the speakers sound fine, good even, but wtf would a company offer money to customers for positive forum reviews? I mean it's not like this company is so new it needs that boost.

From what I've seen Bavsound tries to make these foolproof "PnP" install videos which are almost all complete fails, I mean I've yet to see one where the installer is able to complete the task without some excuse like "oh this is different, even on my brand new M4...", yadayadayada.

Let's face it, they sell speaker upgrades as the holy grail but any real audiophile knows clean, sufficient power is needed. Spending $1,000 on new mids, tweeters, and shallow bass drivers without adequate power upgrade will lot make your car sound amazing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well to each his own. I am a musician and audiophile and I don't spend unwisely-- this was a significant investment and I'd send it back if I didn't love it. Bavsound reimburses most of install cost too if I was unhappy. I don't blast my speakers so I didn't need the upgraded amp. I am very happy and with a clean conscience. However i do agree that kickbacks for reviews opens the door to unreliable reviews. It's just that Mine is not one of them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I put the stage one in my 328i more than a year, didn't receive a dime for any reviews. This made the world of difference in the sound in the car. The sound difference was really noticeable when I installed the front speakers on a Sunday and the rear speakers on the Monday night. The drive to and from work on Monday really brought home the difference in the quality. Best money I spent on that car so far. I am not even contemplating the amp upgrade since it satisfies things for me. I may do the under seat woofer upgrade though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just got my Bavsound installed today. Difference between night and day. Love that I can hear the highs, vocals, and bass all at once! Worth the small investment since Bavsound had a sale recently. One the drive home I actually had to bring down the treble and bass since I had it to the stock hi-fi settings. Really enjoying all my music now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats!

Yes they really are a great investment. So much more enjoyable now to listen to music in the car!

Happy listening ***127927;***127928;***128522;

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes they really are a great investment. So much more enjoyable now to listen to music in the car!

Happy listening ***127927;***127928;***128522;
Now I have to make more excuses to take my car out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts